would you let your 14 yr old daughter date an 18 yr old ?

well my sister is dating an 18 yr old, i dont think its that bad, the guys is a friend of our fam hes really respectfull and next year is gonna finish school, well educated! how about you moms would you let your daughter date an 18 yr old???

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• When I started dating my husband he was 15 and I was 18, but he was a sophomore and I was a junior. We dated through high school, got married and have been together for almost 10 years. I think if they are happy more power to them. Not all men are sex hungry, and want to have sex with the next person who comes a long.

His parents didn't like the idea. And they learnt that if they kept us from seeing each other we were going to find ways to see each other, so they went with it. We were allowed to go on dates, but like ever teen we had curfews and we kept them. I think it all deals with their responsibility level as well as their maturity level.
    Jenni823

Answer by Jenni823 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 5:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• 14 y/o with an 18 y/o... u seriously dont see a problem with this?.. if it were my child heck to the no. 14=child 18= young adult
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 6:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• No way. IMO, if I were to allow her to date someone that much older it's pretty much the same thing as giving her a thumb's up to have sex. Unless he's slow or something, there's no way an 18 year old boy isn't going to try to get some nookie. If he's respectful enough to not try to have sex with her, he'll still break her heart by getting it somewhere else. You do realize that if there did decide to have sex, that makes him a criminal that will be viewed as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
    If the attraction is truely there, he needs to wait until she's atleast 16 before dating her.
    Anonymous

• A four year age age between adults is no big deal but a 14 year old is STILL a child, so NO I would not allow it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• NO! And I would question WHY an 18 yr old wants to date a 14 yr old. Maturity wise there is a HUGE difference. I have a 15 yr old daughter and 20 yr old twin sons, would I let their friends date their sister?? HELL NO!! In most states anything 18 or older can be PROSECUTED as STATUARY RAPE for being sexual with anyone under 16 - consensual or not. Not say your sister is sleeping with the 18 yr old, but I can tell you ALL 18 yr old boys are thinking of sex and not many 14 yr old girls are.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• heck NO way in Gods green earth. . yeah 4 years later on isn't a big deal but at that age..that is too big of a gap IMO
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• man anon 302
    jaded much? SOME men actually WAIT to have sex! not most but not all men are horndogs who will screw around with someone else if he isn't getting any from his girlfriend
    Anonymous

• No way, but I would call the cops on the 18 year old.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2010