I'm thinking about getting my 5-month-old's tongue pierced, what do you think?

Ok, I was just trying to get your attention. I think it should be illegal to bore holes in babies. Anyone with me on this one??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I don't think it should be illegal, but I know I wouldn't pierce my baby's ears. I used to work next door to Claire's in the mall, and just hearing the screams of other people's babies made me feel horrible for them! I'll let my daughter choose if she wants to have her ears pierced. I was allowed to get mine pierced when I turned 10, and it was cool to decide that on my own, and it was cool to get a special privilege.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Ears???? Or tounge for real???
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I had my daughters ears peirced when she was a year. I haven't noticed any trauma and she is 19. In fact, she has 3 holes in each ear now. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• don't think it is as outrageous as cutting of perfectly good parts of their penises
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• i agree. they should make their own decision when they're older. some people don't want peircing when they're older.
    Anonymous

• I can see your point, myheart, but at least the people circumcising their boys are doing it because they believe it has health benefits, not for a fashion statement.

OP
    Anonymous

• I believe it is the childs choice if they want it done or not. I waited until my daughter asked me to get her ears pierced

hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 6:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I wanted to pierce my daughters ears when she was a couple months old,but I held off till she was old enough to make her own decision which was around 10 yrs old. I dont think we should do that to our babies,they are cute without going through the fuss of having it done and the fuss of possible infection.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• illegal, no. I won't pierce my baby's ears but if you want to pierce yours I could care less.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I would rather see people let them make the choice on their own but thats just my opinion. As for the circumcision comment, some peope did research and believe its best for the child's health to do it not because of the way it looks.
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 7:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2010