should i go to my ex's grandma's funeral?

this guy i was seeing while separated grandma died and her funeral is this week. the whole thing with this guy was a mess, he lied to me about his age, and lied about his niece gettin killed so i would feel sorry for him...he is in prison right now for assault(he beat the hell outa of this child molester who raped his 15 yr old friend), his sister sent me an email asking me to come. their grandma really liked me , more so than his current gf. and i guess the rest of the family wants me there..im not sure what to do, i would feel weird about showing up but i dont want to disrespect them by not showing. i brought it up to my husband, we are back together...and long story of why we separated and got back together so not going into that detail..well my DH said i should go..but im not sure if i should... if i did i would just go to the service and pay my respects, not to the grounds or reception after..what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• no harm in going, particularly if you have been asked by family, and if your hubby says to go. It is out of respect to the family, not your Ex, He is in prison so probably won't even know you attended (unless he gets day release on compassionate grounds).
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• not me, i wouldn't go
    Anonymous

• Its not really about your ex. your paying respect to his grandma. Id go. Bring your hubby or a good friend with you so your not alone.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2010