What am I suppose 2 ask 4 on my baby registery???

I'm totally dumbfounded, should I just ask for everything I want (i.e. crib, carseat, bottles etc. {which is stuff I would end up buying after the baby shower if I didn't get it anyways}) or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Put everything you need. Odds are no noone will get you a crib but you get a certain percent off of the items on your baby registrey later on.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• i put everything i needed and wanted on it but what we dont get were going to go out and buy after and i have family already saying they just giving money cause there will be alot of stuff we will get that will be the same so you might have people also give money too

so to me want you need and want
    Anonymous

• Go ahead and put everything! Several people may go into together and buy you the stroller, highchair, etc. Maybe not the crib, but it doesn't hurt to have it on there. Plus, it kind of gives you a "shopping list" to use after the shower to buy the things you still need and didn't get.

Answer by missanc at 7:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Put EVERYTHING you want!! You'll be amazed at the amouht of stuff you get! I got everything on my registry plus so much more! I can't remember which stores, maybe Babies R Us, but whatever items aren't bought, they give you a 10% coupon off those items.
    Anonymous

• We don't put everything, because we get the diaper cream and not the crib sheet. I believe registries are for gifts, not your grocery list. It is also less overwhelming to someone going to the store. Make sure you have a good selection of gifts of differing price ranges, but remember you can always add to it later.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I would put everything you can reasonably expect people to buy. For instance, unless your parents, in laws or another close relative has offered to buy the big ticket items (200-300+) like the crib for instance, then I wouldn't put that on there. I think it makes people feel uncomfortable like you're 'expecting' people to spend that kind of money. If you know you have to buy that stuff yourself, leave it off. But, I would put the 'mid-range' type of items ($75-$200) like the carseat, stroller, swing, bassinet, crib mattress, etc because sometimes people like to go in on gifts together. And do LOTS of little things because people tend to like to buy a few items and if you pick out lots of small things, then they can. Another word of advice, DON'T pick out clothes and put them on there. If people are going to buy clothes, they'd rather pick them out themselves. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• When I made my baby registry I left off the bigger items because I knew my parents would be buying them for me and that it was not realistic to expect anyone else to buy them for me. I'd talk to your close family, in-laws and parents and see what bigger items they are planning to get for you (if any) and then figure out which of the bigger items you'd still need after and decide what you'd definitely buy on your own and then rest you can put on your registry. As for everything else...put ANY and EVERYTHING you would like...and don't just plan on adding items once...you will keep thinking of more and more things as you go...trust me.
    jcarvalho

Answer by jcarvalho at 9:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Don't beg for gifts; it is really tacky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2010