Want in-laws OUT!

My inlaws have been living with us for 3 years. It was supposed to be a tempthing but they (and Hubby) got a little too used to the idea of being one big "happy" family. I mean, at first I didnt mind, the kids love 'em , grandma helps with the cleaning, la lala. But now, they're super clingy, critical and want us to run most if not all of their errands (picking up their clothes, prescritions, etc) only because they babysit the kids - and not for free, may I add. Told the hubby i wanted them out but he feels he'll let them down somehow. Any advice on how to convince him without him hating me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• They live with you and they charge to babysit? I'm doing something wrong!
    Anonymous

• Id just tell them you need your space back. Say it was fine they were there in the begining but you need it to just be your own family again. I mean i guess if they get mad thats kind of dumb. Its your house.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• No matter what happens, someone is gonna get hurt by this. Your husband is caught in the middle, and he doesn't want to let anyone down. Tell them that you can't do their running around anymore. It's nuts that you pay them to watch the kids, when they live in your house. I would put a stop to that too. Slowly take your life back, by changing things back to the way they were. If it was me in this situation, and nobody would listen, I would do that. And if it didn't work, then I would move out. Eventually hubby would realize how much it bothered you, and he would have to decide what he wants. His family in the house, or you and the kids. Force him to make that choice if you have to.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 1:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Your solution lies in your husband, he needs see that this is a problem and apparently he needs your help to see it. Put your foot down, you've been more than generous already and you deserve to be your own family unit without them. I honestly don't know how you've handled it thus far, even with the best of IL's, your still a saint lol. The longer you let this go on, the harder it will be to get them out... it's time to draw your line. If your husband will not respect your feelings here, I'd be moving out myself... oh and the kids would be coming with me. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• He needs to tell them it's time to go and offer to help them find another place so they don't feel bad if he won't I wouldn't leave it your house they are the ones that need to leave if he don't have the gutts to tell them you do it/
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2010