Baby girl names... down to the wire and We dont agree!!!

I want Isabella Grace and my Hubby wants Lauren Grace..... I say I get to pick B/c, Im going through the labor...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I like Lauren. Isabella is going to be such a big name there would probably be 4 or 5 of them in your childs class. I too LOVED the name Isabella but I just can't go with what everyone else is picking.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I like Isabella - bella for a nick name :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Ya I know its popular, I wanna call her Bella♥
    Anonymous

• You both agree on Grace, why don't you have that as the first name? I see your point about being the one in labour, but it is an easy score for you, not really fair on DH. What about just Bella or Ella?
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• with my hubby and i we both like Kaylee and we both agreed on Anna mae for the middle name and then i put kayliana together and he hated it and family loved it and now thats what he want is Kayliana Mae i hope you to come up with a name but you both like Grace so thats a start it is hard i know when likeing two differnet names and like myheart said use grace as a first name and fine a middle name good luck
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Since you both like Grace why don't you name her Grace Isabella Lauren. I know lots of kids with two middle names.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I agree, you're the one going through labor, but this baby "belongs" to both of you equally - after all, you wouldn't be going through the labor if it wasn't for him... ;-)

I think the pp had a good idea, how about making the name you both agree on the first name? Or, both of you looking at a baby name book together and seeing if there's something different from either of the names that you've picked that you could both agree to.

Or, if neither of you really HATES the other one's name, but you just don't like it as much as the one you picked, and you could both live with the other one's choice, then, as silly as it seems, how about flipping a coin?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• flip a coin
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I agree Grase Isabella Lauren is a good idea.Grace is a beautiful name and the 2 middle names is becoming very popular and she can go by any of the names as a nickname if she ends up liking one of them better.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I think Isabella is cute, but I'd call her Izzy :) I tried to stay away from names that were associated with a trend...I think there's a Bella involved in the Twilight obsession...unless that's what you're going for.
    I honestly like Lauren better, it's not as trendy, not in the tops of baby name lists, it's been around for awhile, it's a nice classic name that not a lot of girls have now.
    If I were in your position, I'd go with Lauren Isabella. A compromise that gets to use both names, and then if your daughter wants, she can choose to go by a version of Isabella. I think using Grace as a first name is also a good idea, but I also think that name is a little overused.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 8:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2010