Biden says it's all about being fair......

On March 30th Biden was being interviewed and was asked about the redistribution of wealth the government was hell bent on enacting. He said it's really all about being fair
True to the saying my mother has told me nothing is fair in life and I have told this to my kids more than once.
Whats your take? Should everything be fair? Should we do whatever we can to make life more fair for some people? Who's to say people of differnt economic backgrounds don't have a "fair" life. What do you consider fair and how far do we go to get to the right balace of this so called fair?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Life is not fair and we can't please all. I know that noone who makes less than 250,0000 will have their taxes raised. Its america we take care of everyone else in other countries... Why not take care of our own..
    Anonymous

• Do I think it should be fair yes, however it isn't nothing is.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• OK ... So how do you know no one who make less than $250.000 will not have their taxes raised? Mindreader? Certainly you aren't just believing what Obama said after all the misstatements he has made.
    Are you referring to only FICA taxes? Because there will be many fees, consumer costs and taxes to come.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I guess u are trying to make this an argument well FYI life aint fair.... u shud know that ( mind reader) That is 2 words NOT one.
    Anonymous

• This is the problem in society. Young people for the most part have no drive. They feel entitled and expect everything to be handed to them. There is no such thing as fair.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• That is the FIRST thing that we learn ~~~~ life IS NOT fair!

However, I think that Biden might be right on this one. They ARE trying to be fair, to control EACH & EVERY ONE of us, to treat us ALL the same. kwim?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• u shud know that ( mind reader) That is 2 words NOT one.

You should know that it's "You should". 

Anonymous

• How is it fair that people who work hard, sacrifice, save, and invest should have their money taken from them?

What does it teach the person who is somewhat lazy and spends every dime?

Let's say you have two children. The first one works hard in school and does their homework and chores, the second one does the minimum required at school and refuses to do their chores. Do you reward them both equally? Do you take the allowance from the first child and give it to the second child?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• How about being fair to the people who went out, got the education, got the jobs and earned the money. How is it fair to steal from them to give it to someone who didn't do the work? How is that fair? Where do these people come up with their arguments for their actions? This is a very one sided view of fair. You go do all the work. You earn all the money. You get the nice paycheck, and we'll take it and give it to someone who hasn't done half the work. He can kiss my ass!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

You should know that it's "You should".

Now that is funny.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2010