how can i get my labor induced???

my doctor wont induce my labor until after my due date..... so i need to find a home remedie to induce myself

Neasha1989

Asked by Neasha1989 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why? Your dr won't induce until after your due date, and there's a reason for that. You should listen to your dr.

Answer by missanc at 7:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• not to be mean or anything but if your dr dont want to theres a reason i almost had to have mine stop last night and im not even in my 30 weeks yet and i dont want my baby early till shes ready you body and baby will no when its ready
    Anonymous

• You can't. No matter how much you want to you can't. If your body is not ready then NOTHING not even medical induction will work. The most and safest taht you can do is walk and have sex. ONLY if your Dr said you are able to. Listen to your Dr. There is a reason.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Try some blue cohosh.
    Anonymous

• WHY do you want to induce!? Have you thought about the safety of your baby! Your discomfort at the end of pregnancy is nothing compared to the importance of this time for your child health.. Every day your baby is in the womb is a great day of growth! How about looking on the bright side of things.. A baby in the womb doesnt cry constantly, doesnt need to be fed, or diaper changed...
    I promise you when you have a 1 mo. old on your hands you will want to cram him/her back up there just for a few days!
    There are woman out there that pray their baby will make it near the due date b/c they have seen the side effects of having a baby too early.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Do not do anything. You could risk the health of you and your baby. Just be patient, I promise it will be worth the wait. How much longer do you have to go?
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• When I went past my due date, I used primrose oil (bought in tablets). I put it up like a tampon at night to help soften the cervix. but I didn't do this until i was overdue.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I wouldnt do anything. If your body isnt having the baby yet, its becuase its not time. You also never know how exact your due date is. You might be alot earlier in your pregnancy then estimated and that can effect your baby in a really bad way if you have it now. Trust me, I know the discomfort of the end of pregnancy. Im 39 weeks and 3 days now.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Good luck with that. I wish all doctors were like yours. A lot of premature babies would actually finish growing. There are plenty of medical reasons to induce early, but you clearly don't have one. Ask a mom with a preemie - you'd rather not have one if you can avoid it.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• NOTHING!! You should do NOTHING until you are WAY overdue!! Your body knows when that child you are carrying should arrive in this world. Sit back, be patient because that baby ain't coming til he/she is ready to come!!! For me, my body, my children all arrived at 38 1/2 weeks. My sister was over 40 weeks.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:34 PM on Apr. 4, 2010