cake in a mug recipe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 5 minute chocolate mug cake:
    1/4 c. flour
    1/4 c. sugar
    2 Tbsp. baking cocoa powder
    1 egg
    3 Tbsp. milk
    3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
    splash of vanilla extract
    3 Tbsp. chocolate chips (optional)
    1 large microwave safe coffee mug.

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Add milk, oil & vanilla, mix thoroughly again. Stir in chocolate chips.
    Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise to or past the top of the mug, that's ok. Allow to cool a little, tip out onto a plate if desired. Can top with a spoonful of chocolate frosting.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• thats scary...my mother in law was just talking about that yesterday. i'd never heard of it before.
    Anonymous

• I've tried cake in a mug, cooked in the microwave. I think it may be the same recipe michiganmom just shared. If you try it, don't expect a standard tasting cake with a standard texture. A microwave just can't turn out a standard cake. We didn't like it at all. I would rather buy a store bought angel food cake and serve with fresh fruit and canned whipped cream if I want quick sweets for dessert.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2010