Are you ok with hubby leaving for a weekend?

To be with family? If it's like a guy weekend with his male family members? What if it's a few times a year? Is this odd or I am making too much of it? I mean he's married with kids but his brothers are all single. I don't like it but of course I don't tell him so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• My hubby goes away (10+ hour drive) with his fellow football coaches to a coaching clinic every year. I know he learns lots at the sessions, but he also has a great time drinking way too much, partying and having a good time with his buddies. And then he comes home and is tired for a week! Lol. I try to have my kids go away for that weekend too (to my sister's or my dad's) so I get some quiet time just to myself.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Of course he can. A guy needs "guy time" and if I didn't trust him to be with his brothers (or cousins) I wouldn't be able to trust him at all and the relationship would be pointless.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I wish my hubby had brothers to go off with for the weekend!!
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 8:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• My ex did hunting trips w/ his brother and friend every bear and deer season. I enjoyed the quiet and he enjoyed being w/ his family.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Op here. What if his brothers smoke pot and have it with them while they are together. Hubby is an ex pot head and I hate when he is around them.
    Anonymous

• It depends on where they are going and what they are doing? If they are out partying in clubs or hanging aroung smoking pot all day, na that ain't happpenin'! He can go out on a Saturday night for that. No need to sleep out.
    Anonymous

• *around
    Anonymous

• Really, who cares if a couple times a year he smokes a bowl. There are no children around right? You cannot control every little thing. I mean maybe just pick your battles

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 8:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2010