7PM Bedtime...

DO you believe someone on FB really had the balls to say I'M CRAZY for putting our 2 year old daughter to bed at 7pm! I swear people are so rude and need to mind their own business! By 7 she is ready for bed and heading for the stairs. What time does you toddler go to bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My 9 & 10 yr olds go to bed at 7:30 on school nights. Any later & they don't get up. It's recommended that children get 10-12 hrs of sleep per night. Most kids do not get enough sleep which leads to inattentiveness, hyperactivity, and anger issues.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Not until eight at the least. I don't think a kid needs twelve hours of sleep.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 8:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Yeah well LIKE I said. She is tired by 7. So I shouddl keep her up? I don't think so.
    Anonymous

• Why ask a question and then get pissed when someone answers?
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 8:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• ArkTech
    Why ask a question and then get pissed when someone answers?

Agreed
    Anonymous

• My son was in bed at 8 at 2 years old. He's turning 5 in two months and he goes to bed now between 7 and 7:30. He gave up naps at 2 1/2 and he has never slept late so he does no more than 10 hours. Apparently, his body doesn't need more! You know your kid...put your kid to bed when you think it's right for their body and don't give a crap what anyone else says! :)
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• My daughter was going to bed by 8, but the last few weeks or so, she's been getting tired and cranky earlier, so we've been putting her to bed at 6:30-7, and she'll sleep through the night and get up between 6 and 8 in the morning. You need to tell Nosey McFacebook to keep their nose in their own.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 9:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• my kids will NOT be in bed at 7 pm. the later they get to sleep in , so do i

i agree why ask question and get mad
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 9:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• No no one is pissed ARKTEC. Your answer was just wrong! Are you a Dr.? "You" don't think kids need 12 hours of sleep.
    Anonymous

• I put my daughter to bed at 8 but I think all kids need different amounts of sleep. Keeping her up will only make it worse for her. There is nothing wrong with putting a kid to bed at 7.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2010