If you had $120 to spend, how would you celebrate your child's birthday?

This $120 has to include the cake, the food, all the gifts ect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• why do you need to feed ppl I never do you come to one of my kids parties you get cake,ice cream and punch. it's not your job to feed ppl's kids. keep it simple the dollar tree has alot of fun games like pin the tail on the donkey or play button button which I'm sure you have a button around play duck duck goose. and forget the grab bags cuz what happens most the time is the kids leave them behind and you end up with it again it's just simply forgotten. rent a dvd to watch.. I would make cupcakes myself and decorate them myself if I was you it's expensive to buy those premade cakes and cupcakes and buy an inexpensive nice gift
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• How old is the child and is it a boy or girl?
    Anonymous

• girl my sons b day partys never cost more than that

tons of CHEAP water guns, water ballons from the $1 section

a kiddie pool and or a slip and slide

not at lunch time so juice and watermellon, make the cake ($3 that way)

:)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• My son will be two on May 12th.
    Anonymous

• Buy a cake, make them their favorite meal, and open a bank account with the other $100.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Make your own cake, make your own fruit and veggie platters, cooked ham, crackers, play party games at home, play outside, have the party at a park, Frozen can juice or if out side juice boxes, make your own loot bags.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Honestly, for a 2 year old, I would make a cake and do something special on the child's birthday, such as go to the local zoo, aquarium, etc. I would wait until he is older to have birthday parties where friends come and play.

Anonymous

• Bake the cake, it seriously is about $3 for cake mix and icing. Toddlers don't really get that excited about gifts (at least mine doesn't!), so I'd just get a few cheap things, if b-day is in May, maybe some outdoor toys, a giant bouncy ball ($2), a kiddie pool ($10 max), one of those adorable turtle sandboxes (less than $20). Invite friends and neighbors over, just have snacks like chips, a veggie tray, some lemonade. Blow up some balloons and let the kids chase them around the yard. Just try to keep it simple and you'll be able to stay within your budget!
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Save the money and buy him a US Saving Bond. Really the party is for the adults not the child since he won't remember anything.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't need 120 dollars for a kids birthday.
    I can make him a cake. That costs 3bucks for a box cake and 2 bucks for the icing.
    If I even decide on buying decorations they would cost me 5 dollars. Unless I make most of them myself.
    PInata (sp?) would be 10 bucks.
    Games would mostly be homemade, and no more then 10 dollars on supplies.
    Then his present/s would be no more then 20-30.

So roughly 60-70 bucks..
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2010