Why are Officer Wives so rude and mean?

I went to a Ball with my Husband. A Officer he knew came up and introduced himself to me He didn't introduce his wife not sure why. She was standing a little behind him and after he said hi to me I smiled at her. She gave me the nattiest look, I was really taken a back. I mean I don't know her from jump. My friend said it was because my husband is a lowly NCO. I have a good friend I lived next door to when we were based in NC that is and Officer's wife, but she is also an Officer. She a sweetheart!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL, that would be why he didn't introduce her. She's a "B". She wears his rank. They aren't all like that. When we were in Hawaii, my hubby's co. commanders wife took me to the officers wives functions. We got along great. Some are really nasty, but many of them are great. Hell, some NCO wives are horrid!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• My sister is an officer's wife and she's not rude or mean. I date an NCO and never been treated badly by any officer's wives. If they feel like they can only validate themselves by their husband's position then they are sorry women and not worth worrying about
    Anonymous

• I've only known two officer's wives; one was my aunt and the other was the wife of a very high ranking Amry officer who is known nationally. My aunt is very strict, by the book, marine wife who, strangely enough, is very loving. The other is a very sweet person who I enjoy seeing whenever our paths cross. I can't speak for all officer's wives. My experiences aren't bad though.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• They aren't all like that. I used to go to Starbucks in Yokosuka with my husband's CO's wife. DH was an E-4 at the time, her husband was an O-6. The kind of woman you came across would be a bitch whether or not her husband was an O. Pay her no mind.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 9:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• They are spoiled brats who always pull that "Don't you know who my husband is" attitude. It depends on their husband's job too. Pilot's wives, Doctor's wives, prior enlisted wives are the worst. I used to work the gates on base and GOD FORBID if you forget to salute an officer's car. I hated saluting a blue sticker with some bleach blond bimbo with big glasses and a chunk full of attitude. I also worked in a pharmacy and they loved their painkillers, antidepressants, benzos..If you could not fill it because it was too soon, they gave all sorts of attitude and pulled that "Well my husband is a (insert rank) and I'll have him call your supervisor. Or they would not even speak to us low enlisted and demand to speak to a khaki if they did not get their way. Grrrrrrr...
    Anonymous

• Why make that assuption based off of ONE that you meet. Maybe she was just a B. I know MANY that are not mean or rude at all. Try not being close minded just because of one.
    Anonymous

• Anon 9:43 she said she knew one that was nice. Please read before you post. That being said I agree with the other ladies not all are like that..
    Anonymous

• Some can be VERY rude. When I was a navy brat the moms used to ask me what color my front door was.... officers had one color, enlisted a different color.

Just like in all things... it isnt everyone.... but it is a big enough chunk that it makes for a bad reputation.

Anonymous