I believe in God and Jesus but I don't believe everything in the Bible.

IT just seems so far fetched I mean it was not written by God but by others. So it is how they saw things and how they interpret things. I just don't buy everything it says. I mean just every other "prophet" they try to predict things like telling you the signs of the 2nd coming but how many times have those "signs" been seen thru out history?
There have been so many predictions that have NOT come true by any means.
I believe that when the end of the world it will come with out us knowing. We will not predict it, we will not be prepared for it. It will just happen.

I make people mad by saying this but in my heart this I know to be true. I trust in God and I just don't buy everything in the Bible.

Does anyone else agree with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yeah shane the truth according to you.......there are so many possible thing you are yet not aware of.

Answer by older at 9:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• nope not me

I will not be deceived
    Anonymous

• Divine intervention wouldn't be a good answer for you then, right? I do believe the Bible. I understand it was written by man, it has parables for lessons, it has been translated by man into different languages, but........I also have faith that God watched over his word to be in the sense he intended when originally written. That is the faith part.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I never think about the End of Times. I just live my life today as best I can. I don't belong to a Church that focuses on the Book Of Revelations though. We don't really talk about signs or predictions. We are more driven by the Acts of the Apostles and the Gospel stories.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I totally agree with you.

Answer by older at 9:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• You believe in God and Jesus but not the bible... impossible....

God IS the WORD the WORD WAS GOD.... if you dont believe in His WORD you dont believe in Him. Sorry ... but thats the truth right there.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• No that is not the truth right there. I believe in God as our lord and Hesus as our savior but I do not believe what MAN wrote down. Not very Christian of you to tell soemone they don't believe in God because they don't believe the bible and take every word to heart.
    Anonymous

• I agree..
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Thanks Older. I hate how noone can be open minded about ANYTHING when it comes to religion. I believe in a lot of differences that have made many mad because they did not have the answers. I don't see how only ONE way of worship is right and every other is wrong. It just blows my mind really.
    Anonymous

• I believe in God and Jesus but I don't believe everything in the Bible.

How is that even possible??
    Anonymous