If your husband died...

How long do you think you'd take to grieve before deciding to date again? You are still young, 20's or 30's, and you have kids. You were married at least a few years. Do you think it would be a year? Less? More? I really have no idea for myself....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I would not get married again. It took too long to get used to one guy's strange ways. I couldn't do that again. Plus my DD will keep my busy enough.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I would never date again. I gave my heart to one man I could never give it again
    Anonymous

• Can't say.... I know my parents were married 41 yrs when my Mom passed.. My Dad remarried a yr later out of pure loneliness. He was trying to fill a void, sadly she passed 2 yrs later... You don't really know until you're in that situation...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I honestly don't think I would ever seriously date again. One night stands and maybe a friend with benefits would probably come along (who knows it'd take to even get to that point, I'd probably spend at least a year or so not even getting out of bed!). I know that no one else would ever begin to compare to my hubby :)
    Anonymous

• If I was young I would not necessary have intention of dating again unless I ended up meeting someone. But for me, I am 36 and I am very happy with the life I have with my husband. If he died I would not feel the need to marry again. I have lived a full life and I just want to enjoy my kids and some day grandkids! But I think everyone is different. I am content when I live alone. Some people aren't and I understand why they would not want to be alone for very long.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I don't know if I could date again. I am 44 now and my DH is the love of my life. I think as long as I was at least within driving distance of my children that I would be content. There is no way anyone else could give me the joy and adventures he has filled my life with.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Wow nmgirl lol. I won't ask. Just had to say that.

As for me, I don't know how long it would take. It would depend on if I ever met someone that I felt a connection with. If I really liked someone, then I might go out on a date. Would I ever get married again? Maybe, maybe not. Again, depends on the person.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Probably never. My husband always says he would never move on, I think that's sad and wouldn't want him lonely forever... but he feels very strongly about it. For that reason I wouldn't feel right moving on myself... if I ever did it would be years and years later and still very unlikely even then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I might consider it after my youngest turned 18. Maybe.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Cant say I know how long Id wait. I know I wouldn't go looking for someone, but if i met someone, and me and my kids were stable again. Then maybe. It'd be hard to get over
    Anonymous