teeth!!

My daughter tripped and hit her front tooth on a wooden stool this afternoon. It bled a bit at the gumline and it also cut her lip. The bleeding stopped after a few seconds. When I felt the tooth it felt like it might have been loose but Im not sure. she's acting fine now but Im wondering how long it will take to turn colors if it is going to?? Im so scared that her teeth will be ruined. That\s the one thing that scares me with the face is messing up the teeth. any help? She's 19 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OMG same thing happened to my daughter but worse! She fell on our tile floor (now carpeted) and chipped BOTH front teeth. I was in tears! I took her to one dentist who told me um to leave it and maybe do root canal! I said what! Root canal on a 19 month old? Oh no. Got a 2nd opinion from a well renowned dentist and he immediately told me these teeth must be bonded. Her teeth look and feel fabulous, They are strong and healthy now. Call your pediatricians office first thing in the morning and ask who they recommend for teeth trauma. They have to be checked because they can start to decay and affect her adult teeth.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• OP here...thank you I will...she just had her first dentist appt. last week too!!! uuuuggghhh...I dread the teeth stuff. I am so scared that it will turn colors :( thanks so much. glad your LOs are ok :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:11 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• My little guy chipped both his front teeth just before he turned 2. One is minor, the other is fairly obvious. Doctor told me not to worry about it. The teeth never turned any colors.. Check with your doctor to see what he/she advises. Just remember, these aren't the permanent teeth..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• anon...I understand that these aren't permanent. But you need to understand that what happens to baby teeth carries on to adult teeth. I can't tell you how many babies and toddlers teeth I see some through the doors of the surgery center where I work to be filled/capped/crowned just b/c the parents say "it's only their baby teeth"....they need to be taken care of just ilke the adult teeth :) thanks for everyone's input.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2010