How do I tell her no?

My cousin who is like a sister to me just had a baby. She is broke but she is working. At the moment she is on maternity leave with no pay. anyway the issue is she has a husband who is in jail at the moment who only got out for enough time to get her pregnant and leave her with no place to live and no money. He/They have stolen from my family members that have let them stay with them. She stole from her best friend for him. She pawned stolen items and was arrested. She now wants to stay with me and my family. I don't want to turn her out but I can't have him in my house threatening us.. He did this when they lived at my uncles house. He is in jail, but he will be getting out and I know she's going to want him to move in. I feel horrible and don't know how to tell her no she can't move in. I just don't want her drama in my house around my family mainly my 3 year old daughter.Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• find info on womens and childrens shelter and offer to help her get in to one
    good luck!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Just say no. Your daughter's saftey comes first.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Just be honest and say I can't have that drama. I understand she is your cousin but ya kow what you have to protect your family. I'd have no problem telling her no. I don't care what ppl think about me. My family's safety comes first!
    Anonymous

• OP Here: Thanks Ladies this makes me feel so much better.
    Anonymous

• Tell he you can't have that lifestyle in your home.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2010