Why do you gain weight when you have children?

I know pregnancy changes your body but it feels like ever since I've had my son I've gained weight and it won't come off. It seems like more of a reason other than I was pregnant.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• its cuz we are so busy with our kids we just grab and eat things on the go... and we eat all the scraps off their plates :) That's what moms are for.
    Anonymous

• what pp said and also age, the older we get the more gravity has an effect on us, and unless we can spend hours on end exercising we are gonna get heavier. i know i dont have time for a work out lol...
    Anonymous

• I think we are less likely to MAKE time to work out..not so much that we don't have the time. And we sometimes have less energy because of emotional/mental/physical energy it takes to be a good mom. I'm sure there are some hormone effects too but I've seen plenty of women get into shape..some even better than before baby... so I don't know how much that comes into play. The best think I did for exercise was joined a gym with a play area. Sometimes I go just so my child can play even if I don't really feel like working out. :)

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• When I was working, but still with the kids, I couldn't gain weight. I stayed the same size for 9 years. Then, I stopped working to stay home with my now 10 and 4 year old and I am BORED TO TEARS. I sit all day, and snack when I'm bored. I've gained 5-10 pounds in the last year alone. This is not good. I miss being active and walking around a lot at work. (as a teacher) Plus, my brain has turned to oatmeal. Another year of this and I'll be a big gooey glob. Thankfully, my LO goes all day to school next year and I will sub, since I'd be gone the same hours my kids are.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2010