continued: How can you believe in God and Jesus but not his Word?

This is not directed towards anyone, I am sorry the other question was cut short.

How is this even possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I see nothing wrong with believing the way you do ...

This is what I believe:
    John 1
    The Word Became Flesh
    1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I believe God is the truth, His Word is God and His Word is the truth.
    Anonymous

• how can follow a book word for word when it says to murder people and sell your daughter into slavery?
    Anonymous

• the bible was written by man, not god ... whoever god is. whatever jesus is.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Because it is an interpretation, translated over and over and anyway I don't believe God would confine us with religion.
    Anonymous

• believing in God has nothing to do with believing in a book. KNowing his love and giving him your heart and knowing him as your saviour is what makes you believe in God. Not reading a book and calling your self a christian. What about those that NEVER have seen abible or heard it read or anything but still believe in a loving God. That book is just that a book paper and words that have been changed thru the centuries
    Anonymous

• If you have true faith in your heart and soul for you God, then one does not need a book written by men full of rules that do not apply in todays world... I see nothing wrong with believing the way you do ... but then again I am a Pagan so my opinion may not be what you are seeking...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• gmasboy

She thought of it because of my post and people saying that I can't believe in God and Jesus if I don't buy in to the Bible.
    Anonymous

• gmasboy

I don't see way you HAVE to believe the words in the Bible to believe in God and in Jesus...
    I believe in many Gods/esses and know of many texts about them, but yet I do not follow them nor does that lessen
    my beliefs in them... I think that would be the same with the op's thoughts and the bible... JMTs
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• gmasboy

I agree. Completely.
    Anonymous

lol@purpleducky so you don't believe in any of the three

honeslty I can understand that. If you don't beleive in the Word of God it is easy to not believe in God.
    Anonymous