Im feeling VERY superficial.

I hate spending time at Christmas with my sil. Hubby was just on the phone and they were talking about visiting between Dec26-Jan1. I know it is MY issue but I just hate spending time with them during the holidays. ANYOTHER time of the year I can deal with it but not right after the whole gift giving. They have a ton of money and have been giving their kids name brand purses and school backpacks since they were about 5. The girls get Tiffany jewlery for every holiday too. Every single thing they wear is name brand and I over heard sil chewing her husband out for "daring" to go in public wearing a bathing suit from Target.

I know it is my issue, and I know I have to get over it.... I just really hope they dont come out between Christmas and New Years.

Oh... I didnt post a question.
How about.... would you just roll with it... or try to plan for a different date.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't stress over something that's over 8 months away.. Aren't there bigger things to worry about?
    Anonymous

• My hubby's family was like that too. They always had the best of everything. We all exchanged gifts and it was a struggle for us to even get gifts for everyone. Then my sister in law called me one year and asked where I got her daughters gift from because they wanted to return it. I told her Target, and she says "oh I would never go to target, next year make sure it's from Boston Store or something." We no longer celebrate with them. :)
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I think this is tough. I can relate. Tell dh this xmas doesn't work for you. Tell him to do another holiday and keep this xmas with just your fam before your head explodes.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• anon... I need to make a decision asap because they want to buy air line tickets
    bloobird.... they are not that rude. Actually they never say word about stuff like that... I know it is MY issue.
    jeanclaudia... I am pushing for thanksgiving week
    Anonymous

• I would try for another time also. Tell the hubs that you want Christmas just to be the two of you and the kids.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I agree with another poster. Try to do the big family get together at Thanksgiving and reserve Christmas for immediate family only. Christamd season can be so busy anyway, so they might actually appreciate being let off the hook for that one. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2010