How to get 17 mo to get used to our new home?

We have recently (like moved in 4 days ago) moved and everytime my son starts to get tired or hungry, he goes and puts on his shoes and tries to make DH and i put ours on as well, then stands at the door and cries if we don't leave. We have stuck to a schedual as much as possible, but i'm just wondering if there is more that i can do to let him know this is our new home. (P.S. everything is put up and away and set up basically like our old home was, so having boxes and things out of place isn't an issue)

BigBoMom

Asked by BigBoMom at 10:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just give him time. At that age, change is hard. Just keep telling him "This is your house now." He will adjust. I promise. Try to set up his room with everything in the same place as it was at the old house. Show him the cupboards and closets with all your stuff in them.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 1:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Awwwww what a sweety! Just give him lots of love -N- support and he'll get it soon <3
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 3:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Get him a new toy (I'm thinking bunny) that stays in his new room for him to hug when he goes to sleep. Try to put him to bed before he gets tired. Now is a good time to start reading bedtime stories.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• ask him if he wants to redecorate his NEW room and let him help pick out the bed stuff
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I too moved when my son was 17 months, he was confused at first but he go used to it, sorry I'm not more helpfull....
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 12:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• thank you all so much! i know time and love will help, but it just so hard to see him confused like that.
    BigBoMom

Answer by BigBoMom at 12:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2010