Possible baby name

This is our third baby in three years. Our last two were girls and it was exhausting picking their names, lol. This time around we just can't seem to find anything that sits well with us. So far I have a Taliyah (TAH-lee-ya) and a Brielle (bree-ELLE). We're thinking about Zion. It sounds kind of unisex to me and it's unique without being to crazy...what do you all think?

Camey82

Asked by Camey82 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, I'm not crazy about the name Zion...

It makes me think of Battlestar Galactica...or Star Wars for some reason.

I am NOT at all making fun of it...just giving my honest opinion.

But truthfully, it's your child...and you don't need anyone else to tell you if it's okay to name your child a specific name. If you like it, that's really all that matters. I never worried about anyone would think of my kid's names...I just picked them with my husband, we agreed on them and that was it.
    jcarvalho

Answer by jcarvalho at 10:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• By the way, then names for your other two girls are beautiful! I love them, very unique and pretty =)
    jcarvalho

Answer by jcarvalho at 10:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Well ladies on here don't seem to appreciate unique names so beware, lol. I like Brielle and Zion...both very beautiful.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Oh and when I think of Zion I think of Lauryn Hill's child and the song "Zion" she dedicated to him/her.
    MamaChamp

• I'm not "worried" what others think, I'm just...I don't know letting others help me brainstorm, lol. Just something to pass the time. Thanks for the feedback!
    Camey82

Answer by Camey82 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• i like zion...for a boy...i dont think it sounds girly at all..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Taliyah is very pretty... I'm not crazy about Zion but if you like it go for it!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry to laugh at you but I think it is funny how stressed out parents (mommies mostly) get over picking names. My DH and I have twins and I had always liked the name Ethan (even before it became popular!!!) after first hearing it when Ethan Hawke showed up in Hollywood. Since we were unable to determine the sex of one of the twins we had to come up with two boys names and also a name in case of a girl. The middle names were fairly easy as John is a family name on my DH's side and it is his middle name. Knowing that I suggested if we had a girl we use my name and if we had another boy we would use one of my Dad's names. When I told DH I liked Ethan and Evan if we had two boys and wanted to stick to the same first letter for a girl name he came up with Emily. Sold. Ethan John and Emily Amanda were born two years ago in July. I know the names were right the second I saw my babies for the first time.

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I don't like Zion. People will keep asking him red pill or blue pill? I guess it's better than Neo though ;) I like Taliyah but the spelling stinks. Talia is nice and way less confusing :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I'm not crazy about Zion... In my opinion, its not a very pretty name for a girl, and I wouldn't name a boy Zion either.

wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 12:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2010