Safe to ride a quad while pregnant

A friend of mine who is 8 months pregnant think it's total fine and safe for her to ride a quad while pregnant but so do her friends. Me and couple of my friends told her it's total unsafe for someone who is pregnant to ride a quad because you can cause harm to and the baby if you get into a addienct but it seem like it went in one ear and out the other. She posted on Facebook how she enjoy reading and posted pics of her ride one but none of her friends saw anything wrong with her riding one and just asked if she had fun. I always thought if you were pregnant you should do anything that would put your or baby in harm ways. So what do you think it safe or unsafe to ride one.

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• its definatly unsafe and probably shhould be considered child abuse. if she ever fell off that quad & landed on her baby in the wrong way, it could hit its head & be retarted forever, or so many other things. but some people just dont care.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I definitely wouldn't risk it but it's her body and her baby in there so it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Hopefully she takes it easy and doesn't crash and ends up with a perfect healthy baby who can look back on the pictures someday and say to her "I can't believe you did that while I was inside you you dumb twit!" followed by a smack upside the head.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I guess if she waqs just riding up & down the street it wouldnt be such a huge deal- but then she wouldnt enjoy it so much & be posting pics. I would NEVER do it- but I guess to each its own!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I ride when I get the chance. I'm only 11 weeks right now, but I also rode while pregnant with DD, and she came out just fine. I never drove real fast, or did anything dangerous tho, just joy riding mostly... ;)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 11:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I rode 4wheeler when I was pregnant. If you're going for slow easy rides, not racing and flying down bumpy roads & over jumps and stuff, you're fine - it's the crazy stuff that's harmful. I would take ours down the road a mile, turn around, and come back - about 20 mph. If she's taking it easy and taking gentle rides, she's fine. Even my midwife didn't have a problem with my riding. I almost always had one of my kids with me too when I went.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I wouldnt like RACE quads while pregnant or go on jumps or anything, but I would definitely go on a joy ride. I think you have better chances of slipping and falling if you just go slow on the quad....
    My SIL just went on a ride when she was due because she thought the bumps would help send her into labor. I am usually a pregnancy nazi and I saw no problems with it. I thought it was cute.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I'm 29 weeks & still ride. My husband drives & we just putz around to the back of the farm or check out the pond. I don't think he gets out of 2nd gear. I wouldn't recommend racing, jumping, mudding or really screwing around--but I don't think there's any harm in just riding.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I was 2 or 3 months pregnant with my 2nd and asked my OB if I could ride a 4-wheeler because we were heading up to the mountains on vacation. I was told it was fine to ride as long as you weren't racing or doing anything stupid like jumping.

Honestly, I think you should just let your friend alone. Do you like being told what to do with your life?

And really, child abuse? If a pregnant woman trips and falls down the steps is that child abuse too?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Apr. 5, 2010