Severe pubic pain! HELP!

I am currently 28 weeks and 5 days along and for the past month or so I've been experiencing really bad pubic pain. The pain gets so bad at times I actually get dizzy. From the research I've done, it may be Pubic Symphysis Diastasis, but since this is my first pregnancy, I'm not too sure. I told my midwife about it and she dismissed it as "growing pains", but every mom I speak to say they didn't have the pain this bad. It doesn't help that I work in an office where I'm sitting down most of the day. Walking around the office every 10 minutes is basically not an option since I'm always on the phone with clients or working on the computer. Has anyone out there experienced this? If so, how did you deal with it?

BabyJLoOnTheWay

Asked by BabyJLoOnTheWay at 11:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do you mean the pubic bone? or just the pubic area in general? this is my second pregnancy and it feels like my pubic bone is bruised..but only when i stand on one leg(to put underwear or pants on) or when i go to push something heavy(like a tub of clothes) with one foot. im having twins though so im thinking its from the pressure of my babies on my pubic bone. it could just be alot of pressure. it feels like it did right after i birthed my daughter.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 11:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Yeah I get the same pain. Its really hard to get in and out of bed or even roll over, it will even hurt when I walk around. My doctor just told me its how the baby is sitting she must be on a nerve. Mine has gotten worst the further along I get. Im 36 weeks now. She just told me to pop tylenol whenever it starts bothering me and to strech my legs. If you have to just stand up for a couple minutes and strech your legs out it will help with the pain a lot.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Totally normal depending on how your baby is laying because with my first I never had this kind of pain but Im pregnant with my second child and started having the same pain your having around my sec trim and Im over 37 weeks and it has gotten so bad to where I litterally feel like someone beet me with a hammer down there and I walk around wabling its so imbaresing lol. I also got dizzy like you and would feel like Im floating or like Im going to fall over so the doctor gave me some medicine that helped really well, just ask your doctor. I think my pelvice/ pubic area are hurting so bad now cause my daughter has decended and so her head is really far down there. Hopefully yours doesnt get as bad as mine but I wouldnt be taking tyleno all the time cause you dont want the baby getting immune to it plus what if you have it as long as I do you cant live off of tylenol lol. I just learned to deal with it.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I'm 36 weeks and have had pelvic pain for the last two weeks now, I don't know if my baby has dropped or not but I know the u/s tech can still get a good view of his head above my pubic bone...It hurts to do anything..even just relaxing hurts! This is my third pregnancy and I don't remember hurting this bad with my other two. My doctor says it's normal so I've just been trying to get over the pain. Not much longer and I'll be holding my baby boy in my arms and I'm sure all the pain and discomfort will be forgotten.
    tyleviconnor

Answer by tyleviconnor at 2:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• although it is possible, its very unlikely to have Pubic Symphysis Diastasis at only 29 weeks pregnant. I had it happen to me with baby #2 but that was because she was at #2 station so early and her head caused the separation. With baby #3 I was in even worse pain than I was with baby #2 and there was nothing wrong with me other than the round ligament pain. That thing hurt REALLY bad
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Thanks to everyone for their answers. My dilemma is that I work, and I have to take public transportation. Everything I've read says to stay away from stairs (I have to climb up and down stairs to take the train), not to sit for long periods of time (I work entering data on a computer and basically all my work is done on the computer and my commute to/from work is about 1 hour each way). As a first time mom, everyone looks at me like I'm overreacting... It seems out of all the mothers I know, I'm the only one experiencing this type of discomfort so early on...
    BabyJLoOnTheWay

Answer by BabyJLoOnTheWay at 1:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I'm 38 weeks and 3 days, I still have Pubic Symphysis Diastasis pains. It hurts to sit, stand, walk, roll over in bed, and even lay down (flat or propped up). The pains got more constant over the past week and excruciating!! Since I know there is nothing I can do about it..I've been trying to just deal with it..I can't be pregnant too much longer. lol
    tyleviconnor

Answer by tyleviconnor at 3:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I bought a belly support belt about two weeks ago and it's really helped! The pain is not totally gone but it's a lot less painful to walk, go up an down stairs and sit at my desk...
    BabyJLoOnTheWay

Answer by BabyJLoOnTheWay at 11:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2010