Ear Piercing at 14 months?

Ok, I know there are a lot of posts on this already but o well. My daughter is now 14 months and I've been thinking about maybe getting her ears pierced. Here's partially why, when I was younger, like 5 or 6 and first got mine down, I couldn't stand my mom turning them so I let them grow back, again at like 12 or so I tried again, same result. About a year ago I finally got them done. I wish my mom had gotten them done when I was a baby do I wouldn't have had the problems with them, I felt like I missed out on being able to wear the cute earrings for holidays. So?

Angyll24

Asked by Angyll24 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do it. Both my girls have them and got them shortly after they were 2 months old. Our pediatrician did it and we couldn't be happier.
    Anonymous

• UMM i wouldn't know i got my daughters done when she was 7 months..was going to do at 3 months but..couldn't bring myself to do it,its a lot better when they're younger my daughter hates when i clean hers and turn em too..i just hold her down ignore her screams and get em done with
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 11:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Whether you decide to do it now or wait till she is older is up to you. I'll give you the same advice that someone gave me though:

If you are going to do it, either do it while she is still a baby and will let you take care of them for her and otherwise leave them be, or wait until she is old enough to take care of them herself.

Good luck!
    MrsAce5308

Answer by MrsAce5308 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Up to you but advise I give is wait til they want it. Not when you want it. It is her body how do you know she wants holes in it?

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• advice*
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I got both my daughters done at 3 months. I was told the same thing, get them done early or wait till they are old enough to take care of them by themselves. Periatrician also told me they heal easier at a younger age also. I guess less chance of infection? We never had any trouble with my girls.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I've read a couple other post on this and people get saying stuff like what if they don't want them when they are older... How many girls/teenagers/women don't want there ears pierced? Sounds like a dumb reason not to to me.
    I do go see her Dr. tomorrow, I'll ask her and she what she says.
    Angyll24

Answer by Angyll24 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• If it were me, no I would not do it. I would never put my child through a painful experience just for looks. Not to mention she could get an infection, be allergic to the metal used, pull at her earrings and end up ripping one out or hurting herself, etc. My mom said I could get my ears pierced when I turned 8...and it was soooo exciting counting down the days until I got to go and pick out my earrings! I took good care of them and never had any problems. I'm glad she didn't get my ears pierced when I was a baby. I'm glad she realized those aren't her ears to put holes in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• oh whatever to all those people that say no, theyre not your ears to pierce, if she wants them done when shes older, then let her!! whatever!!!!!!! why not get them done when theyre a baby, so they dont remember, its not like it hurts that bad!!!!!! and if when they are older they decide they dont want them, then they can take them out!! so much easier!!!! i got my daughters done at 3 months, and never had any problems with them, and i can honestly say she only cried for 5 SECONDS!!! and i personally think it was just because there were 2 strangers surrounding her. i say go get them done!! much easier to deal with when theyre younger!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No. She isn't a baby, she's a toddler, and guess what she's going to do to those things in her ears that hurt and feel weird and strange? She's going to pull on them, rub nasty crap in them, and make a mess. I think you're going to have to wait on this one.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2010