Ladies, what was the reason you were induced?

elijahcole

Asked by elijahcole at 12:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wasn't, I went into labor 2 days after my "due date".
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Im being induced wednesday with my baby becuase my hubby is in the marines and wouldnt have been able to leave his deployemnt without and acual date the our baby would be born. Im not being induced early though i will be induced just a few days before 40 weeks.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Sophie, did you know that 1 in 2 inductions end up in c-section? I feel sorry for your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• one baby was high blood pressure and another was 39 weeks and the ob just agreed to do it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i wasn't dilating. 5 days late.. and i did end up having to get a c-section. my baby was 9lb0oz. and she was very healthy. as for anon who said she feels sorry for your baby... why would you say something like that? i feel sorry for you anon abusers! lol

rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 12:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• With one my midwife was worried the baby was huge PLUS I was overdue. With another I was having some medical problems and they didn't know if it would be safe to keep baby in - I was induced at 39 weeks and she was perfectly fine. With yet another, I'd been having contractions every 5 minutes for over a week and not progressing (1cm in a week and not effacing) and baby was moving constantly 24/7, then the day after my due date everything came to a complete and utter halt, had a non-stress test, heartbeat was fine, but they gave me a tiny bit of pit and baby was born 3 hours later - I just needed a little help to get over the hump I was stuck at!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I was in nonproductive labour for 6 weeks. constant contractions....10min to an hour apart. dialated 3cm...it started at 33weeks.

took 5 weeks of begging, and then a week on the induction wait list.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Serious infections. They wanted me to have plenty antibiotics before she was here.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Mine was unnecessary due to high blood pressure. It wasn't high enough or worstening toward HELLP or Pre-E fast enough to warrent an induction, but I didn't know better and my midwife scared me.

Going for a homebirth this time to avoid it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I was 38 weeks along and started having contractions but my doctor gave me potocin to help speed things up cause my contractions werent strong enough and had a wonderful vaginal birth that only lasted 8 hrs and then gave birth to a very healthy almost 8lb baby. However after being home for only one day from the hospital my son had severe jondice and we ended up spending 2 nights in the nicu with our son so he could stay under the billy lights. That was the toughest thing I have ever had to endore because I had to watch my son lay there all day and could not hold him but only to feed him and my husband and I just cried the entire time. I blamed my self for along time letting them help me along meaning give me the potocine but I was already starting labor the potocin just speeded things up. Some babys just have jondice.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2010