Why can't you mind your own business?

To me, there is nothing more disturbing than the fact that some women can't mind their own business. If you overheard someone saying that they were going to pank pank their child, SO WHAT. Some people count like idiots to their children, what's the difference? What you feel is not right, to some is right..... How is it your decision to differentiate. Oh, I am sorry... do you understand big words?? Why can't you mind your own business??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The difference is an 8 month old doesn't understand why they are being spanked and counting to your child is an attempt to teach him/her something. Maybe I should have said it was a stupid question, but it is still a rant

In YOUR opinion an 8 month old doesn't understand. Here's the great thing though, we all have the right to raise our children the way we see fit. No one is walking around telling you how to raise your child so stay out of other people's business.
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 1:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I know right!
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 1:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• this isn't a question. it's a rant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It is a question...there's a question mark and you can answer it!
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 1:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i agree no one knows whats really going on..they just ASSUME whats happening.
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• fine.
    The difference is an 8 month old doesn't understand why they are being spanked and counting to your child is an attempt to teach him/her something. Maybe I should have said it was a stupid question, but it is still a rant.

Yes, I understand big words. Yes, I can mind my own business. These seemed rhetorical to me though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Actually it's my pediatrician's opinion, that at that age you only should be using distraction to get your child to stop doing something. I'm sure my pediatrician has some expert advice to back that up too.

You said it was a question that could be answered, so I answered what the difference was. You're making it into an argument over the original question that the OP is complaining about.

My original point being, that this is just a rant about another question. It really has no place in the "just for fun" section since there is nothing "fun" about it. It is simply a woman calling out and judging another woman for judging some other stranger in the first place.

I'm not really sure why you are looking for a fight. IMO, none of you are minding your own business either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• WOW is this cafe "MOM" or cafe "lets act like a bunch of kids"! Came to this site just for the reason everyone seemed to get along guess kids dont help alot of ppl grow up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• TELL ME ABOUT IT LIKE YOU CARE WHAT THEY THINK I WAS GOING TO THE STORE AND I TOLD MY SON TO GET READY HE WAS 4 AT THE TIME HECAME RUNNING AND TOLD ME LOOK LOOK I PUT MY SHOES ON THEY WERE ON THE WRONG FEET BUT HE WAS SO PROUD THAT I JUST LET IT GO SO WE WENT TO THE STORE AND SOME OLD LADY COMES UP TO US AND SAYS YOU PUT HIS SHOES ON THE WRONG FEET MY SON LOOKED SO VERY SAD I WANTED TO STRANGLE HER RIGHT THEN AND THERE
    mia35

Answer by mia35 at 5:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• If someone is spanking an 8 month old, that's wrong and I don't care if it's my business or not. If they just like talking baby talk to their kids then I don't see how it's my business so. I guess my point it that it depends which part of that statement you have a problem with.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2010