My boyfriend won't sleep with me....should I feel this bad?

Well, my boyfriend works @ home and we share a car. I take it to work. My brother lives here so I know he's not cheating...trust me I know. Well recently, he has decided not to smoke, drink, or have sex with me because he had a revelation and wants to be closer to God. I think it's kind of neat to see him this way and better for our family. I know we are unmarried and it may be wrong for us to have relations but we have been for 3 years. I have a ds but we have no kids together. He also wants to go out immediately and have a wedding with our tax checks. This is all happening fast for me. I want to support him but I am just not used to the changes he's experiencing I guess. Any ideas? Any advice?

TinkTink205

Asked by TinkTink205 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow. Well, if you are up for getting married soon, then I don't see the problem with waiting until you do get married. I have heard of people trying to turn their lives around, and they take drastic measures like this. I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as you are sure he isn't cheating, and you know what he is doing, and why. If you are okay with it, then wait until you get married.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 1:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Thanks for the answer. I have no problem getting married. I know it's a good thing for him. I just guess it takes some getting used to.
    TinkTink205

Answer by TinkTink205 at 1:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Yeah. It will take some time. On the plus side, you know he isn't holding back sex because of you, or anyone else, he is doing it because he wants to better his life. Just be supportive as much as you can. The pay off in the end will be well worth it I'm sure. Good luck Momma.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 1:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• You have been together for 3 years ?

He wnts to get married.
    And
    The problem is ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I also, agree with the PP.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I think if you have waited this long and were not planning on getting married then I would wait to see what this change is actually going to do to him and if he is going to stick with it. I would just bank the tax money or pay some bills. You dont need a big wedding to be married!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I have wanted to marry him for a while and he backed off. I'm just getting used to it. He actually constantly apologizes for not being married and blames himself for what we've done. He's actually kid-of sad. He says that he hasn't known God since he lost his dad @ 10. He 24...so he hasn't known him in 14 years and he's been actually crying and saying it's his fault. He called his mom and apoligized for being selfish and thanked her for trying to raise him right. I am proud of him, I just hope he's not doing this on a whim. If his heart is for getting married I know mine is.
    TinkTink205

Answer by TinkTink205 at 1:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I don't think he's cheating if he quite smoking and drinking too. he sounds legit.
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 4:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No, you shouldn't feel bad at all. He is trying to respect you and I think it's great he wants to marry you, jump on it... sounds romantic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Personally, I would take some time to get to know the "new" him before getting married. If he has come into a new set of beliefs, you should make sure you know them all upfront & also know that you can live with them (him).
    Good luck :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 4:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2010