I had my daughter 10 weeks ago and I have not started my period yet, is that normal?

My mom says its not and she is freaked out, and thats starting to freak me out.
I dont remember how long it took for me to start after my first daughter...I know it was not this long though.
Should I be concerned?
Should I take a test?
How long does the pregnancy homrmone stay in your body after you give birth?

Lilcountrygrl86

Asked by Lilcountrygrl86 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Health

• Are you breastfeeding? If so then yes its very normal, it was almost a year before i got my period back after my second baby. With my first I only breastfed for 8 weeks and didnt get my period back until he was about 4 months old. Everyone and every preganncy is different so it can vary widely.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It depends.... are you breastfeeding? That can cause a delay in the return of your period. If not it can still happen that your cycle will take a while to regulate. Take a pregnancy test, if it is negative, then don't worry about being pregnant.
    Good luck! Also remember, that just because you have not had your period yet do not mean you can not get pregnant. You won't get a period until after you ovulate for the first time, so you will not know when you are ovulating.

:D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No, Im NOT breastfeeding. Thats why its freaking me out = /
    Lilcountrygrl86

Answer by Lilcountrygrl86 at 2:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Ten weeks isn't too bad. Not long enough for you to be worried.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 8:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2010