ugh

I have a crush on my son's dad.. I broke up with him for a reason
[cheating] 6 months go by.. he finally wants in his son's life.. and right
when I learned that and we've been talking again.. I developed a crush.. I
want it gone.. any idea how?

if you say don't tell him.. it's already late for that.. he knows me too well and knew it off the bat and told me he felt the same way.. he wants back in the relationship.. I don't.. yea, I miss everything about him.. but his bipolar issues, I can't deal with. he's already went off on me a few weeks ago about taking nathan.. started crying a few days ago saying he's so sorry.. started BAWLING when I told him what he's already done in his milestone [our son]
I understand there's always going to be something there.. but I don't want to feel it.

kittenripmaygo

Asked by kittenripmaygo at 2:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• This man is going to be in your life hopefully for the rest of your life, so you both are involved in your child's future wedding and own children's lives. A crush is not going to make you do anything drastic. The choices you make will determine what happens. If you find yourself trying to look extra stunning before taking your son to his dad's, stop right there and put something else on. Is he in therapy or taking meds for his bipolar?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Just the fact that you said he finally wants back in yalls sons life is the deal breaker for me cause he aint no man if he hasnt been there from the begining. Sorry but hes not good enough for you and definatly not your son. Men like my husband deserve way more credit for being the man they are but If I told my husband that he would look at me and laugh cause thats just a natural thing to be there for your kids you know? Keep on moving if you ask me
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Just keep on remembering the bad things about him. Then CRUSH will fade quickly.

Answer by louise2 at 5:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Don't romanticize it. Remember why you're not together and stay in that place. You don't want your relationship, your fights, your issues to affect the relationship between him and his son. This is a toxic emotionally charged relationship and needs to be avoided.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Therapy. Good luck!
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 11:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2010