If you live in Texas what do you set your AC on in the summer?

My husband and I used to set it on 78 but I am dying in my house right now and its only 75! However Im pregnant too but what do you set yours on cause the electric company reccomends 78 to save money but I just dont know if I can do that this year.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:36 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm from Houston and we would set it around 73-74.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I set mine at 78, but I'm one of those people that's always cold :)
    In Austin, BTW.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 5:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I am is SW Oklahoma. It is hot enough to use our AC, but we have not turned it on yet. It is to early in the year. (Trying to save money).But when we do turn it on we will se it to 77, we had it on 75 last year. But it was to cold in the house.

You are hot because you are pregnant.

Answer by louise2 at 5:49 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I would find 78 degree AC to be stifling! I mean, the air would be stagnant and dead and it would certainly not be describable as "cool" in any way. Especially at night when trying to sleep! I don't live in Texas and it is not ac season where I live but I keep my ac at about 74 and that isn't even cool..... I need a fan to keep the air moving!!!!! Conversely, I make up for the energy use by keeping my heat lower in the winter...I never put that above 66! I guess I like it cool.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• SOUTH LOUISIANA WE PUT OURS ON 70 DURING THE DAY !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• We keep ours set at 80. Probably the big reason that you've been so uncomfortable (other than pregnancy) is because the humidity has been awful the past few days. Hubby works on AC's and has told me that we can only expect ours to lower the temps by about 20 degrees (at the most), and once the spring and summer hit 80 is about 20 degrees cooler than the hottest part of the day. (I'm just south of Austin)
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 10:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I'd say it's whatever floats your boat, but down here in Corpus Christi, it will likely be set around 73 during the day in the summer while I'm preggers, with some ceiling fans helping to circulate the air. I'm really hoping to avoid paying an outrageous electricity bill if we can be smart about the air flow in the house. Worst case scenario (or best case?), we hire some cheap cabana boys to keep me supplied with ice cold drinks and fan me with large fronds :o)
    klm290

Answer by klm290 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It depends on the day. Some day I need it cooler than others. I had to turn the ac on yesterday. I had it on 74. It was so hot. I live in San Antonio.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2010