? for those who believe in the paranormal....

The other night I woke suddenly from my sleep between 2 and 2:30. I was WIDE awake, I was not sleeping or half asleep. As I say there I heard very soft music, almost like music from a music box. I sat there for a second trying to figure out where it was coming from.
I actually thought my alarm clock had accidentally gone off so I sat up to check it but it wasn't coming from there. I laid back down and rolled to the other side to see if I could still hear it, and I could. I thought maybe it was from my kids toys but they are all upstairs and it was way too soft to travel that far to me.

I wanted to get up but decided against it and laid back down, and fell asleep listening to it.
Has anyone ever experienced something like this?! What do you think it could be?!

(Let me say that I've had many experiences with the paranormal since I was very little. ) Thanks for any help/info.

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Usually, phantom music is attributed to a residual haunting. Could be that this music has always played at this time but you haven't heard it until now. Perhaps if you set an alarm for 5 minutes before 2 and sit there in silence for a little while, you may hear it again at the same time.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Done any remodeling lately? this can stir up any spirits that have been dormant.I get my name whispered,phantom coughing and sneezing,and phantom smells like cigar smoke and perfume in my house(among other things) I seem to be a beacon for these spirits,I see/feel them in many places.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• "Done any remodeling lately?"

Hmmm this is interesting. We just redid both the kids rooms upstairs. We also went up into our attic space and rearranged a bunch of stuff up there. Our house is only about 12 yrs old though. Does this matter?!
    Thank you both for your answers....I am trying to learn more about stuff like this:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Its not necessarily the house itself. SOMETHING occupied that space before it was your house.Spirits can be attached to that particular space in the universe so to speak.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I believe in angels and demons, and believe both can and do interact with us. They did in the bible days and do today. I have also had experiences with both.Blessings...

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Very good theory TMJ! Remodeling seems to stir up activity because the spirits (or whatever you think they are) are used to things being a certain way and do not like change. They 'own' the space as it were, and might get upset if you make changes. Sometimes, if the activity increases, all you have to do is speak out loud to them and in a polite manner let them know that you understand this is where they live but that you are making the changes because you think they deserve something better- make it seem as if you are doing it for them. It doesn't always work, but it never hurts to try.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I have exept mine were more straight forward no doubt about it. Yours could of any thing. Paranormal, Neighbours, it's up in the air. If it continues investigate.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I would go with both Ihartu and TMJ's theories.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Sure, noises happen. Sometimes they are traceable to a mundane source, even a surprising one that we might never think of. Other times it is not traceable to any "logical" source. Several theories abound. Some would say that the noise some how travelled from the past for you to hear it. Others would say a spirit "played" the sound, either for you to hear or for their own reasons. If this music isn't accompanied by other events, I would chock it up to something "strange" that you can't explain. If it is part of a larger pattern, you might want to try to figure things out.

Anonymous