Teething, diarrhea and tantrums at 22 months…..

Okay, I'm a first time mommy. My son is 22 months old and for the last month or so he's been SO GROUCHY! He's defiantly teething (but aren't they always!) He's had diarrhea that seems to go along with teething, but this has been going on for a while. He's never had a fever, does not act sick and besides the "tantrum episodes" and diarrhea. He was breastfed for 18 months, and has not had much "solid" poopy. I hate taking him to the doctor for something like this, but don't know what to do. We give him Tylenol as needed, it does seem to help with the tooth pain. He's sleeping normally, not at all dehydrated and eating and playing fine. What's up? I guess he could just be entering the terrible two's, but wanted to get your input on this if you've gone through something similar.

Also, what do you do for your teething kids...I get sick of giving him medicine and would welcome any other ideas.

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 8:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I give my daughter teething tablets for teething. Also, have you given him pedialyte for the diarrhea, that and yogurt really helped my daughter get over a bout of diarrhea not too long ago. (the yogurt was for her rash she got from it). I have no clue about the terrible two's thing... my DD is only 11 months old. (but has 8 teeth completely in and is teething again). :S
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2010