Racially Sensetive?! Give me a break!

I was watching a show on the history channel about American slavery and there was a disclaimer that flashed on the screen. Something to effect of some of the story or scenes have been altered to be more racially sensitive. It was the time of slavery and a few frames later there was a very tan Mexican getting hit on the hands with a stick and that was supposed to be representing American slavery. Really?! we can't even be historically accurate now? Yeah some things that happened in early America are ugly, but are we really at the point where we're changing history to cater to people's feelings? This makes me sick by the time our kids are adults I wonder if slavery or other ugly parts of America's past are even going to exist in history anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's the dumbing down of America.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I agree and I have also noticed many things like that !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Doesn't it also take away from the people it happened to? If they make it seem like it could have been anyone, doesn't that take from the history of the african's that were forced into slavery?

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Now ladies, who needs history................it's not like it repeats itself or anything........

I agree OP, it is crazy. What is the point of history if it isn't the truth?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Cant say it any better than you four ladies did.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Since when was it taught accurately in the first place? They sure don't speak whole truths in history books currently. And the "people" whose feelings are being catered to, are not us "minorities". I, myself, am Native "American", Indian, Indigeneous, First Nations whatever term you prefer(you being whoever is reading this). I make it a point to teach my children the truth about US history, not this sugar coated bs that is taught now.
    Sacheen.T.

Answer by Sacheen.T. at 11:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No one really knows what happened because none of us were there, but I do think that it's bs that what has been well document and we know has happened is being slowly twisted.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 11:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• They were afraid the liberal PC police might be watching. Sure would not want to upset them.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• The PC police would pull up in their little electric PC police car and haul them up in front of a liberal judge. Then they would be ordered to do nothing but green shows and tell everybody what a rotten country we are.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I agree, that is ridiculous.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010