I feel so nervous my guts are shaking..... How many life changes does it take to make you lose you mind?

We've had a lot going on, including we just bought a place and now 3 months later we are being transferred. We can't sell this place without losing our asses on it so we have to rent it out. This will be our 5th move in 3 years! We thought we were gonna get to settle down, but here we go again. I offered my son and his gf the house just for the mortgage payment, but they declined so I don't know who I'm going to be able to trust to actually pay the rent and not skip on me. Plus I haven't even finished unpacking from the last move because we planned to purge a lot of stuff that has been shuffled from place to place.
In 3 yrs, I've got married, lost both our jobs, got very sick, had to move to another city, almost wound up homeless cuz of the economy, moved back to where I just moved from, just found a place to buy, now my health is going down again and we have to move again to be near a specialist. Encouragement/Advice please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The stress is adding to your illness hun. I"m so sorry for all the life changes that have been going on! I do hope you get settled soon and everything can calm down. And honestly it doesn't take much to cause a person to loose their marbles! just try to put them in a box and rearrange them when things settle down. If you need to vent I'm here
    GothicMama

Answer by GothicMama at 9:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• That sucks but you're going to have to make the best of it. Do the best you can and focus on whatever good things are in your life. Relax to the point that can and reassure yourself that better days on their way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• That is a lot to deal with, but try to keep your head up. You've already made it through all that, you'll get through this ok too. Take a night to yourself or with your DH (even if its after the kids go to bed); drink a glass of wine and watch funny movies or comedians, spend the night just relaxing and DON'T discuss money, the move, the illness...any thing thats been stressing you out. Then get to bed early that night and rest up. Its amazing how you can feel after one quiet, relaxing night. Just another thought, I would deff downsize on your next move...with so many moves, it takes a lot to keep track of everything and pack/unpack everything. When we moved 4 times in a year and a half, I got rid of a lot of petty things that I didn't need to be hauling around and it made the moves SO much easier. Good Luck!!!
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 10:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• You know what? We've had a similar situation, but moved 13x in 2 years. Marriage, pregnancy, delivery, injury, surgery, work, work, work, and now we're dissatisfied with our landlord.

Honey, take this to heart:

God will only give you what he KNOWS you can manage. Nothing more. You can handle this, and you will find the strength somewhere to get through this! It IS written!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Stop buying. Rent. It'll be one less hassle.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Renting is more of a hassle than buying is, are you kidding? If she had been renting she'd be looking at a broken lease and a bad rap on her credit report, they don't just let you out of leases you know. Instead she's renting her place out and making at least maybe a dollar on the rent. That advice makes no sense. Hon, you just hang in there, like someone else said, you've been through a lot already, this will pass.
    Anonymous