What are the chances on survival if someone has an aneurysm ?

Please pray for an old friend she is a mom :(
I just hope and pray she pulls through God Bless her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Health

• My aunt's friend had one while she was in a casino. She was taken to emergency and then she got really bad. She lived for 8 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I only know two people who had one. My Aunt died in the hospital right away. My mom's best friend had surgery and lived but she was never right again. She was paralyzed on one side and had brain damage. It changed her personality and thought process. I hope your moms friend can be helped. Technology changes every day. Maybe there is more they can do now.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• the brain is a very difficult instrument and medical science doesn't really know that much about it.
    Some people pull through and you can't tell, some have issues and some don't make it.

I'll be sending you good thoughts - I hope that she'll be ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It really depends on the location and if it ruptures. Some people live with them for years and never know it. If it is in the brain and it ruptures it is really hard to say what will happen. You can have them in the brain, stomach, aorta etc...

Most Dr will not do anything if it is under a certain size and they will just watch it. If it gets too big and they can repair it, they will try.. Survival also depends on if it ruptures = lots of bleeding or if it tears= a small bleed.

A very good friend of mine has a aortic aneurysm and he has a MRI every 3 months to monitor it. If it grows, they can try to repair the weakened area. He found out a year ago that he had it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2010