What would you do with your fair weather friend?

She asked me for a favor to purchase some items for her and send through ups. I paid for everything and refused to be reimbursed. Fastforwardabout a month later the she joins a facebook site and ignores me onthe regular e mails. I am so pissed. We used to spend summers together when I would go down to my summer house. Her child's birthday is quickly approaching.I would like to acknowledge her child but ignore her. What should I do? Her child and my child are old friends. Please no bashing. The last time I got a nasty response from one person and just don't need the animosity especially when it is just question and answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• She does not sound like someone I would care to be friends with, and I think ignoring her and eventually cutting ties with her would be wise. As for her child's birthday, why not send him/her a birthday card from your child? I don't think their friendship should have to end or suffer just because the mom is being rude.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:46 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Thanks. I really am shocked. I do not want to get inbetween the children.But I learned my lesson not to get to nice nice and then get blown off for new fb friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Report the answers that are mean there are some mom's on here that are just hateful. That being said do you know for sure she's ignoring you? Maybe she never checks her e-mail anymore or something else. I would try to make up with her or at the very least tell her how you're feeling. Maybe this is just a big misunderstanding.
    Anonymous

• I don't report the answers because that night someone reported me and it was not even for cursing. Meanwhile the other person cursed and said the tw*t word and was so rude all because of this question. Can you imagine not exactly about anything to flip a table over. But I tried e mailing her and she just ignores me now. I think I will just wish her son a happy birthday and just let her be. I am the bigger person if I jsut do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Send the child something and say it's from your child.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Send the child something and let her go be polite to her when you see her but let it go at the normal polite hello.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2010