should I send her an email saying sorry // telling her the truth...

I stopped watching a family friends son because my grandma wanted me to start helping her around her house ( she has bad arthritis and is going to be having surgery on her knee) ..she also has alzheimers. Well last week i told the mom I cant watch him anymore because of that....yesterday she seen my grandma and asked how she was and stuff and basically my grandma was like she is fine and acted like she didnt know what she was talking about with the surgery. Now the mom thinks I lied to her and her boyfriend told other family members she was upset....when a family member was like...yeah she does need surgery she is just forgetful because she has had a stroke , etc. and they didnt believe it... Should I send her a message on FB ( she is on my list) and tell her its the truth....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• GL. I am going through something like this. She just ignores me but Hey what can you do. I hope you have better luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• it might be worth a shot. did you not explain she had alzheimers? because if she knew that already, she should have expected her to not neccessarily remember what is going on.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• You can try, but sometimes people jsut believe what they think is the truth and showing them any different is next to impossible. I'm sorry she's upset but you gotta do what you gotta do, and well tough luck on her. I hope your grandma recovers well
    GothicMama

Answer by GothicMama at 9:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• no she didnt know about that and when the family memebr tried to explain to her, but she didnt believe that , and that i was lieing so i didnt have to watch him anymore
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No. Just leave it alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• If it would make you feel better then do it, but otherwise leave it alone. I doubt anything you say is going to make her believe you.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:48 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• you can try, but it won't guarantee anything. if she knows that your grandmother has issues, then I would think that she would realize this sort of thing is possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Well if it were me I would let it go. You told her your reason, a family member told her and she still does not believe it. I honestly don't think anything you say will get her to change her mind and believe you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• You can try if it will make you feel better. Get it out in the open and know that you did all you could to save the relationship. But don't expect a reply or for her to believe you. I agree with GothicMama, sounds like she is only going believe what she wants to believe and no one will change her mind.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It is sooo hard trying to explain the behavior of some one with beginning Alzheimer's to people who have known the person for a long time. Heck its even hard to explain the behavior to yourself sometimes. If you want to try to explain it, I would. In fact in trying to explain my grandmother's behavior to her neighbors, I told them that she is getting really bad and really fast. That the stroke my grandmother really kicked started the progress of the disease. After I told them that, they understood. Of course the people you are explaining it to also need to believe you that she had a stroke. The neighbors here did. From what you say, that's what happened to your grandmother as well. You can message me if you want.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2010