Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can anyone tell me how I can get a lawyer to help me when I am so financially at a loss? My situation makes no sense. The state really messed up on this one. They temp placed my kids out of care with their father that hurt them. How do I cope with a perverted, mean hearted, quick tempered exhusband that is gonna hurt my children more when the state messed up?

I need answers to what I do next. Every step I take he does something so awful to me out of hate and not out of concern for our kids.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • so im in a similar situation.... my ex put our baby in a dryer and caused 3rd degree burns on his head, i have custody but he still he stadtard visitation and NOONE not even cps would do anything!!!!!!no lawyers would even take the case to revise visitation, my only advice, document everything, record, take note and pictures when you have them, make it a full time job, good luck, its a very difficult situation and no real solution, whatever you do, DONT LOSE YOUR COOL, thats all my ex had aginst me is the times i lost it

    Answer by proud_mrs at 12:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

  • Do you have a local Legal Aid office? They could probably be of some help. Or a domestic violence center or care line would be able to give you a list of resources.

    Answer by bltcahill at 8:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.