Gift for baptism

My soon-to-be god-daughter is being baptised this coming Saturday. I haven't bought her a gift yet and am looking for suggestions. The tricky part (as far as I'm concerned) is that she is 6½ years old. TIA

sauterelledesil

Asked by sauterelledesil at 10:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• A childrens Bible With only the stories and pictures.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• My kids received savings bonds from their godparents when they were baptized. If you want to give her a gift to open, then a children's book of bible stories, or a cross on a chain. You might also get a frame engraved with her name and the date of her baptism.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 12:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• you could start an add a pearl necklace for her. get her a new pearl for special occasions, and then one day she will have a full strand of pearls.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Thank you all for your suggestions. I really liked the illustrated bible idea and I really, really like the idea of the pearl necklace.

I ended up buying her the illustrated bible and a cross with a kneeling/praying little girl on it.
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 4:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• A bible for when she gets older as well. Blessings...
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• a 6 1/2 yr old being baptised?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Skip the savings bonds, they takek 18 years to mature and someone has to keep track of them. I would go with the Children's Bible and a cross necklace.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2010