hmmmmm

Currently I am working for DH's friends mom. Dh and his friend have been best friends since they were like 10, so his mom has always been a big part of his life. She gave me this job because she knew we needed help after DD was born. but I hadn't seen her in about 4 years. Apparently she has been making a big show at work calling herself a grandma and bragging about all of the stuff she's going to do with DD (3 months). But it's amazing that she can do this but she didn't come to our wedding, never called or anything. She didn't come to the baby shower. She had't even seen DD until she was about 2 months old and I brought her in. Again not even a phone call or anything. I'm sorry DD has TWO grandmas and they were both there the day she was born. I know I should just ingore her, but it really rubs me the wrong way when she says this kind of stuff. Would you say anything to her??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have 6 grandmas :) 5 didnt see my mom get married..6 didnt see me after I was born...but they still loved me...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I would ignore it. In the end, she will look the fool.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No, I wouldn't say anything. It'd just wait and see. My kids have tons of grandparents with different levels of involvment, and, biological or not, if this lady ends up taking a real interest in your kid, what harm is there in it? Plus, if its just talk, let it be just talk. My MIL always talks abotu doing things w/ our kids and I just smile and nod knowing that about 1/6th of it will happen.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2010