all my baby does is SCREAM AND CRY! HELP ME.

My two month old cries and cries and cries, i used to be able to calm him down but lately nothing works. He was a very colicky baby for his first month and after that he was mostly a happy baby but now its back to the cranky baby but 10 times worse now and i have been having mental break downs cause all i want to do is make him happy but cant seem to. I dont get stressed or do anything bad in front of him i always go to another room and just cry so he does not feel my stress but i just dont know what to do anymore i feel like im going insane some days and his dad tries to help a little but he doesn't know how to calm him at all so plz help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What is he eating, breastmilk or formula? Does he have normal wet and soiled diapers? When my baby cried all the time and was constipated, it was because she was allergic to the protein in cow's milk and we had to get a special formula. You might need to try a formula, if he is on that, to one developed to fight colic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It may be his formula if thats what he is on. My son was very bad and it was the formula, we switched him to Nutramigen which worked awesome for him. Also, if you are formula feeding what bottles are you using? When we switched him to the nutramigen we also changed bottles to Avent. I used the avents w/ my daughter as well and have never had any issues w/ gas. Hang in there mama! Try calling the dr and ask about the formula, I would definitely start there.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• if you know their is nothing wrong with the baby... like his diet, an ear infection, wet/stinky diaper, ect. then here are some things you could try:

removing all his clothes and just letting him lay and kick in his crib (give him space)
    try giving him a bath.
    taking him into the bathroom, holding him, and putting the bathroom fan on (white noise)
    take him outside.
    go for a ride in the car.
    put him in his car seat, turn the dryer on, and sit the car seat on top. but stay with him, in case the dryer makes the car seat shift.

if you get overly frustrated just place him in his crib or playpen with the mobile or some music on, and leave him in the room. even if he is crying, you know he is in a safe place. give yourself a few minutes to regroup mentally. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Oh, mom, you sound so overwhelmed. Tell us what you're doing already so you don't get repeats. That would just frustrate you even more. :)
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• yes we need more info, if he is breastfeed, it could be something your eating, if formula maybe is time to changed it
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2010