Should I allow my real dad to see my kids?

My real dad walked out of my life when I was 2 I found him at 15 ever since then he has been in and out of my life. Well after I had my kids I said I wasn't going to play his games anymore. He seen my oldest the first time when she was 4 months old. He stop seeing her and me when she was about 6 or 8 months old then came back around when she was 18 months old. She comes into her life that age and says he is her grandpa she just looks at me for the longest time she was scared of him not sure why since she went to anyone at that age she would scream if he tried to play with her finally 6 months later she got use to him. Then he walked away again. He seen my youngest when she was born up until last may at that time she was 16 months old she is almost 2.5 now so she probably don't even remember him. i have a friend thast told me how he wants to see the girls and things. He wants to see the girls, but not his own CON

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• If he did not want to see me, then he would not see my kids either.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• own DD (me) what would you do? Would you keep them away from there grandpa if he didn't want to see you? Would you allow him to see your kids?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I would keep her away from him. You can't have people coming in and out of her life claiming to be family. This is going to create an unhealthy sense of family and security. Sometimes you have do hard things and cut people out of your life when it's what's best for your children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• did he say he didn't want to see you?
    the fact that your kid was scared of him I'd take as a warning sign. Maybe let him see them with you around or the like.
    it's up to you, but families are hardly ever perfect-
    best of luck!
    Anonymous

• He didn't say personally he didn't want to see me, but the way he treats me I take it that he doesn't want to see me. And the thing is he lives next door to a friend of mine that the girls want to see so bad, but I don't want to take them over there because I know that they will come over. The one time I took my kids over there he went in talked to the kids, but didn't say one word to me so that made me uncomfertable. I need to go over there to pick up a sand box we have over there (we use to live next door to the friend), but I am thinking of having my mom watch the girls because I don't want to take them over there and my real dad see the kids cause I figure if he doesn't want to see me he isn't seeing my kids.
    Anonymous

• I should mention he has a son that wants nothing to do with him he hasn't seen him since he was born and he is 21 now. Then he has another DD that just stopped talking to him wants nothing to do with him he has been in her life until christmas she is 15 and his step DD wants nothing to do with him.
    Anonymous