To the deleted crib transition question: I type up a long response and you deleted your q?. I'm re-posting it.

You asked: How to get an 11 mo out of your bed. She cannot self-soothe. You are co-sleeping. She still wakes at night. She'll only nap on your bed and you want to clean downstairs but she could fall.

How do you get her out of your bed??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First answerer said give her to daddy, stop nursing, use music/dancing for soothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I said that (music/dancing) is not self-soothing either. Expecting an 11 mo to self-soothe is unnatural - it's normal for infants to need their moms and breast feeding b4 bed is the same as dancing. It also (BF) doesn't rot teeth (kellymom) and really is not an issue. Still waking at night is also normal. I'm 25 and wake up thirsty. Babies develop at diff rates. Yours still needs you - so?

Toddlers are easier to give alternatives like a sippy next the bed or a lovey. It'll actually be easier to night-wean and move away from you when the child is more cognizant and able to understand more at a slightly older age - say 17mos - 2 years.

Also, to get her out of your bed if you NEED her out - buy a co-sleep crib and slide her into that next to you. After a few weeks in it you could slowly move it away. You could also get a pack n play for naps. Once dead asleep on the bed put her in that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• LOL this is funny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I'm so tired of this happening! I type up this nice long response to someone's question and then they just DELETE it! Like seriously my time is a total and complete waste and yours is magically more important? Grrr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• If you don't want to see the answers don't ask the question!
    Anonymous

• Were there a ton of people being really mean to her or something? I don't know why else she would delete the question.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 11:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Nope. She had like 2 answers both of which were nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• First of all infants as young as mere days old can self soothe.
    It's ridiculous to think that children that young are unable to, and it's important to allow them to figure out how.
    I'm not saying ignore your child, but again it is important to let them figure out how to self soothe.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Your baby is supposed to learn to self-soothe at 4-6 months, depending on the resource (the 6 mo resource is older in this case). Before then, ignoring baby breaks the trust-bond, unless of course you've been trying to soothe for hours and are just taking a short break for your sanity. Many babies use thumb-sucking as a self soothing technique. People are very opinionated about this, but ask an expert and they'll tell you there is nothing wrong with it. Your child will outgrow it. 85% do by age 4, 95% do by age 5, when they are finally old enough to self soothe in other ways. It is important for them to learn self soothing. To get that child out of your bed? I started with naptime, b/c I was less likely to give up when it wasn't affecting my sleep. It took a week of being persistent, before he was in his crib, in his room. READ! Books, magazine articles, all the info is right there! Learn about sleep habits. It helps!
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 3:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2010