How long can baby use a bassinet?

My baby is 3 mo old and has learned to roll onto her belly. When I woke up this morning I noticed that when she's stretched out she's almost as long as the bassinet. Isn't this a little early to be outgrowing it already?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on the weight limit. My bassinet goes up to 20 pounds.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• When they are capable of getting on their knees and moving around too much...then it is time to get them out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Nope, you need to go to a crib, I changed my DS about this time, pretty soon she will be mobile and able to get out!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• That would be NOW
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Every child is different. It depends on how fast they grow.
    Some children don't outrgrow the length and weight limits for months, while others do it within a couple months.

If your child is outgrowing it and rolling over, then it's time to move them to a crib. Yes, right now she can only roll over, but soon she'll be able to pull herself up, etc. It's best to get them into a crib before they can pull themselves up, so that you're not finding they've done that in the middle of the night.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• my daughter was 23 in at 2 months but didnt hit the weight so i put the pack and play with the upper part in my room for her
    Anonymous

• as soon as my daughter started rooling over is when she started sleeping in her crib i didnt want her to flip it over or anything. but she is also a very big baby and weiged 15 pounds at 3 months
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2010