would you make a bigger deal?

So we have a chiweenie that is 6mths old so he likes to chew on things. well i dont know why my hubby put the sound system speaker cords along the trim of the floor...well as you can get it...the dog ate thru the cords. well our next door neighbor came over to help my hubby rewire the speaker. While he was over he kept making the comment "if it was my dog, he would get the crap beat out of him." "not enough to hurt him or anything but it would sting" "you guys are too nice" and then he tried to smack my dog with the cord of the speaker. And my hubby told him not to worry about the dog. My question is....would you make a big deal about it when its just the neighbor? They are leaving soon..moving out so it wont be too long before they move out. We kinda said something and that not to worry about it. and he of course made more comments but thats not how we deal with him..no violence. Cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pets

• We dont beat our dog. I have seen him treat his dog that way and feel so horrible. its not right. at least i dont think it is. i dont know if i should of made a bigger deal. i let my hubby take care of it but he doesnt like drama so he does it the easy way...ugh. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• What a jerk. I hope he doesn't have pets. I would have told him not to touch my dog.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Sadly he does. they have a big dog. that i have seen be treated like crap. its so sad.
    Anonymous

• If it was just talk I would ignore them but if someone were to lay a hand on one of mine they would regret it.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Since he is going to be moving soon then I wouldn't make a big fuss over it. I feel sorry for his dog. If I were you though I would make sure my dog stayed near me at all times when he came around.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I'd liberate his dog. What an asshole. I would totally find it a new home, and smuggle it in the night like Harriet Tubman.

Also, I'd say nothing so I wouldn't be a suspect.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I would say nothing....However, I would not have sat by idly all the while knowing how he has previously treated his own dog. Authorities should be called so that his dog could be happy too.
    Anonymous