Can child support take money from a bank account?

My child's father refuses to open his own bank account and uses everyone elses. As someone who is owed quite a bit of arrears in child support-

Can child support take money from his account being he is in collections with them. Does anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• They can't take it from another persons account, you said he didn't have his own??? I do know they can suspend his Driver's privliges and garnish his pay check--unless he gets paid in cash you need to talk to your lawyer and let them know where he works!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• He is only hurting himself he is getting deeper into debt child support wise it will never go away no matter if the kids are past 18 all that is back child support If I were you I would get a hold of him and tell him he has to pay no matter what you are not going to give up you need this child support for ya'lls kids. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• They can take it out of his pay check. They can also take his tax return.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Tell child support what is going on. I did and they got my x's money. You don't have to hire an attorney. The state will do this for you. They may charge you $25 - $40 (a yr) for doing it but it is well worth it.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2010