Boredom

OK moms. I am feeling kinda bad b/c I feel like I dont play with my child enough. She is 2 1/2 and she seems kind of bored at home. I take her to do lots of things outside of the house so its not like shes never out! When I need to do housework its like I cant get it done or I have so much to do that I dont feel like I am playing with her enough. So.. what structured activities or crafts etc do you do with your child?? I am running out of ideas!

kelsbecca619

Asked by kelsbecca619 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go to Familyfun.com...tons of Ideas.
    Also, Disney.com....who is also, "Familyfun"
    My granddaughter & I get a lot of ideas from there.
    Hope this helps!
    catysnanny

Answer by catysnanny at 12:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• My two year old doesn't always want us to play with him. At this age, they don't play with other children either, they'll just play next to them. My son just wants us nearby. I answer most of his 1 million questions a day (What's that?.. What's that?), so I don't feel like I'm ignoring him.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 6:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I always let my daughter "help" with the housework! She loves to help do laundry and sorting is her favorite, it may take a little longer but...she learns her colors when we sort and we count the clothes and jeans and towels, she really enjoys it and keeps her busy. Then she gets to help with lunch...sometimes. When I dust she dusts with her "special" towel duster. She really likes to help more than play, I don't force her to but she always wants to be by my side doing what I do so I let her.
    kenzsmama

Answer by kenzsmama at 8:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2010