What should I do? Question is about someone who has cancer and our emotions.

I met this guy about 3 yrs ago. We were attracted to each other but I was in a relationship at the time & we both respected that so we just remained friends. He then moved cross country for a job & we lost touch. He recently moved back & looked me up on facebook. We exchanged numbers & we hung out twice in the first week & talked every day. He told me had cancer, which is in the early stages so he should be okay, hopefully. Last week he started chemo & I came down with pneumonia so we couldnt see each other. Last thursday he was really depressed & not it a good place. I didnt talk to him on Friday or Saturday although I attempted to contact him on Saturday but he did text me Happy Easter on Sunday.
We started hanging out as friends when he came back but should I continue to pursue this as a relationship or just let it go? Im not sure how to take this sudden change but I still want to be there as his friend

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be there as a friend and if it develops into more so be it if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be. With it being early stage he probably is going to be ok but he needs to keep strong. And he will have loads of ups and downs and you being there for him thru it all will help tremendously whether its just a friendship or more. My mil went thru a bone marrow transplant last year and was in stage four cancer and pulled thru. So just be a lending ear and a shoulder to cry on and support him. He doesn't need someone to constantly say it'll be ok. He knows it will but sometimes the fear is so much he just needs some one to say I'm here no matter what happens.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 12:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I would continue as friends and see where it goes from there. He needs all the friends he can get at such a tumultuous time in his life.

Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 12:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with being friends. You could stay friends, and get through what he is going through, be there for him every step of the way, and see where it goes in the end.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Be friends he needs that right now.....good luck
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2010