help........

Help... I'm so nauseous. Ever since I hit 6 wks pregnant I have been extremely sick. If I stand up I'm nauseous if I sit up I'm nauseous the only way I feel some what good is when i lay down but I have a 5 yr old and I can't just lay there and ignore her I have to get up any suggestions on what I could do to help this nausea? I have ginger ale and I ate pretzels with my first pregnancy could barely keep it down but I ate them better then the crackers. I was sick with my daughter but it was anything smelt funny or tasted funny I was thrown into the bathroom. This one first thing in the morning I throw up and the nausea stays with me all day till late in the evening and I start to feel fine what is going on I will be 7 wks in 2 days. Could I be feeling this sick already. I was always told that the second pregnancy was easier this one seems more rough. Help any solutions to this nausea just some suggestions please???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You need to talk to your OB--my friend had horrible morning sickness that lasted all day,, there is a disorder,, I am sorry I can't remember the name,, but they gave her some medicine that allowed her to function,, and it is totally safe! She has 2 boys now and said that if it were not for the treatment she would have only have one! LOL Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• You can try preggo pops. But I would talk to your OB they have pills to help you. Id say that if it is that bad I would talk to your OB and see if you can get some meds to help it.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 1:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Hyperemesis gravidism (something like that) is the medical name for sickness that lasts all day, everyday. I had it with two of my children and I am now on baby number 4. My point is that even though it is totally miserable, you will get to better days. There are things that your Dr. can do to help you to feel better. What I found was that dehydration made me so much worse. For that reason, my DR. had me go to the hospital to get IV fluids every few days. This helped a ton. Also, he had me take Unisom sleep aids before bed (ask your Dr. first of course) and this helped as well. I'm not sure why it helped but maybe there is a link to anxiety or something, because I think I was sleeping fine already. I am allergic to anti-emetic medications so I couldn't take those. I hope you get to feeling better soon. You will make it and you may even want to do it again? I doubt you would agree at this time though
    Anonymous